Installing a garage door may appear like an intimidating job, but if you understand the basic working principles of the door, having the correct tools, and an assistant to help you, installation of the door can really be a fast do-it-yourself project. If you are wondering how to get your garage door install faster, here are some easy and useful steps, which will steer you through setting up your garage door appropriately and efficiently so as to avoid an expensive garage door repair cost.
Usually, any involves three vital steps, such as:
- Getting started.
- Installing the garage door.
- Completing and verifying the work.
- Getting started
To get started, first, go through the instructions of the manufacturer, which will offer you a general idea of the installation process so that you can expect what step comes subsequently and what parts you will require next.
- Prepare a list of the parts of the door. Any garage door would come with all the essential parts included. Be certain you boast all the parts that are listed in the instructions and that you know where each part provided is supposed to go once they are installed.
- Collect all the required tools and supplementary materials, such as nails, a hammer, power drill along with a screwdriver tip, and the screws you will require for the garage door and a garage door opener installation.
- Get the first panel of the door ready for installation. If the hinges are not connected to the top of the first panel previously, connect them. Slide a roller into the right and left hinges on the panel. Connect the manufacturer-delivered weather stripping to the bottom edge of the first panel, as well.
Installing the garage door
Now, while installing the door,
- First, set the first panel in the entrance, and then, center the first panel with the weather stripping end, on the floor.
- Assemble the horizontal, vertical and curved parts of the track, according to the instructions of the manufacturer.
- Set up the vertical track through sliding the rollers on the first panel onto the track end and after that, lower it into position.
- Now, place the second panel over the first panel. Be sure that the second panel is not supposed to have the exterior hinges attached earlier than the panel is put in position.
- Attach the hinges of the first panel to the base of the second panel. These screws can be made tighter once the panels are aligned accurately so as to avoid any prospective garage door opener repair, garage door spring repair, or a garage door spring repair.
- Secure the track additionally up the wall, so that it is connected to the base of the just installed panel.
- Repeat the above steps while installing the supplementary panels of the garage door.
- Now, Check that the garage door is level and ensure that the vertical track is perpendicular.
- Now, install the curved and horizontal tracks and follow the instructions of the manufacturer while attaching the tracks together.
- Install the supplied torque tube and, or spring if you do not plan to use a garage door opener. If you would like to use a garage door opener, wait on setting up the torque tube. However, ensure that if you fit a garage door spring, you also mount a safety cable to defend from accidents or to avoid any prospective garage door repair if the spring breaks.
Completing and verifying the work
- Clean up the area by removing any temporary nails.
- Make all of the fastenings tighter once you are contented with the configuration of the tracks.
- Verify the alignment of the garage door and that it is protected appropriately one final time. If you observe any problem with this, you may have to regulate the slope of the horizontal track or the spring on the garage door.
If you still face difficulty in resolving the problem, you can hire the garage door service of Cincinnati Garage Door Experts.